Wednesday, June 6, 2012

More than meets the eye The Schwimbadd--aka swimming pool

More than meets the eye The Schwimbadd--aka swimming pool

 A brochure I picked up on my way out

After driving with friends in the rain for about 40minutes, we finally reach a swimming pool--aka schwimbadd.  Ya know the basic pool(shallow to deep) & then the separate baby pool area.  However, this place was nothing short of impressive.  We paid by the hour for swimming up front & were each given a bracelet with a chip in itAny services past the upfront swimming we paid for would be tallied on the chip and you would pay at the end.  Um, what....any other services? I'm confused...I thought I was here to swim, didn't I just pay you??? Ok, so I'm a little puzzled but follow my friends to the locker rooms.  We get changed, pick a locker, use the chip bracelet to lock our stuff up, rinse off and head out to the pool area.  We see a lap pool, which is the size of a city pool in the states.  I scan a bit further and see an elephant slide in yet another city size pool for everyone.  It goes from shallow to about 4 1/2ft deep. (I'm guessing) Then I see a gigantic slide...for those of you from the San Antonio, Tx or S. Padre Island area, I'm talking Schlitterbahn sized slide!  The guys look at each other and darted off.  My friend and I headed over to a kiddie pool area.  The water was nice and warm, no babies were shaking from getting too cold, no blue lips, no crying.  Everyone was playing, laughing, having a great time.  There was a built in slide that you could move from the top kiddie pool to the bottom one.  Right next to it, but separate was a tiki hut slide that went into another small kiddie pool.  We hung out there for awhile, as my friends 2yr old daughter played.  Soon the guys showed back up, laughing like school boys.  My curiosity peeked.  Ok, so how was the slide?  Justin tells me, it was pretty cool.  Each part of the slide which is fully enclosed had different colored lights and then all of a sudden it goes pitch black, which makes you panic for a sec because now you can't tell which way your twisting and turning.  Both guys re-tell their experience, we all get excited but I'm not sure about the whole pitch black thing.  Though I like to thrill seek, so it maybe something I try later.  We ended up moving from the kiddie area to yet another area that I would refer to as the "lazy wave pool".  The guys slide down the slide into the pool and I followed suite.  That in itself made me feel like I was a kid again.  It was awesome!  Little did I know it was about to get even better.  The closed sign goes up on the slide and I see people getting excited moving a circular shaped side of the pool.  Water starts moving stronger and you start to float.  Omg, we all laughed so hard while in the "wave pool."  I even had a few close encounters with a wall, but that's because I wasn't paying attention...luckily Justin saved me from kissing the wall :o) After it was over, I realized.....WOW this place is way more than meets the eye!  It seems to have it all....a snack bar and a restaurant, tanning beds, offered several massage spa packages, swim classes, aquatic zumba & had not 1 pool area but....wait for it....yup that's right, 7 swimming areas! I would definitely recommend this to anyone!  You don't even have to know how to swim, there are plenty of shallow areas that only go up to your waist & there are lifeguards on staff and patrolling the areas to help keep everyone safe.  Though I'd like to point out, unless you were looking for them, they stayed un noticed.  I loved that they weren't looming around waiting for someone to do something wrong and "blow that whistle"....I for one didn't miss that! 
So if your looking for a place to go that isn't too far...look no further than:

Erlebnisbad Schauberg Tholey :o)
Open 930am-1000pm M-F
8am-800pm Sat/Sun

Bev

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had lots of fun. so how much exrta did your clip come to? was it in doors or outdoors?

    ReplyDelete